SSC Recruitment 2020 - Combined Higher Secondary Examination 2020
Last Updated: 07-Nov, 2020
SSC Recruitment 2020
Staff Selection Commission - SSC Recruitment 2020 notification has been issued for filling 5000 vacancies of Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA) and Data Entry Operator (DEO) Jobs through the Combined Higher Secondary Exam 2020. Eligibility conditions, Category wise / Post wise SSC CHSL Vacancy details, Method of application, Selection Procedure and all other details of this SSC CHSL 2020 have been explained below in detail.
Interested candidates may apply for this SSC CHSL 2020 through online mode from 06 Nov 2020 to 15 Dec 2020
Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam 2020
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): 12th pass or equivalent from a recognised board
- Data Entry Operator (DEO Grade ‘A’) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject
- Total - 5000 (Post-wise SSC CHSL Vacancy details will be updated soon)
- 18 - 27 Years of age as on 01-01-2020 (Born between 02-01-1994 and 01-01-2003)
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA): ₹ 19,900 - 63,200/- (Level-2)
- Postal Assistant (PA)/Sorting Assistant (SA)/Data Entry Operator (DEO)/: ₹ 25,500 - 81,100/- (Level-4)
SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam 2020 selection procedure
Selectio for these posts will be made through marks scored in the written exam.
Application fee for SSC CHSL 2020
SC/ST/Female/Ex-Servicemen - No Fee
All other candidates - ₹ 100/-
How to apply for SSC CHSL 2020?
- Eligible candidates may apply through the official website - www.ssc.nic.in
SSC CHSL 2020 Exam Syllabus and Pattern
SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam 2020 will be conducted in three tier which is as follows:-
- Tier I: Computer Based Examination (CBT) (objective type with multiple choices)
- Tier II: Descriptive Paper (Pen and Paper Mode)
- Tier III: Typing Test/ Skill Test
SSC CHSL Preliminary Exam (Tier I) Pattern
|Subject||No of Question||Max Marks||Duration|
|English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50||Total 60 Min (80 Min for candidates eligible
|Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
NOTE: There will be negative marking in this SSC CHSL for Wrong Questions, 0.5 marks will be reduced for each wrong answer
SSC CHSL Preliminary Exam (Tier I) Exam Syllabus
- English Language:- Spot the Error, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/Homonyms, Antonyms, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage, Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration,
- General Intelligence:- This subject of SSC CHSL 2020 includes questions on Semantic Analogy, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/ patternfolding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern-folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving,Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Other subtopics, if any Numerical operations
- Quantitative Aptitude:-
- Number Systems : Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
- Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work
- Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin2???? + Cos2????=1 etc.
- Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.
- General Awareness:- Under this section candidates will be tested with the knowledge of Current Affairs and general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will be relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research.
SSC CHSL Descriptive Paper Syllabus (Tier II)
- This will be written exam mode (Pen and Paper)
- Duration: 60 Min
- Essay writing of 200-250 words and Letter/ Application of approximately 150-200 words.
- NOTE: This SSC CHSL Descriptive paper will be in Hindi & English. Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will be awarded zero marks
SSC CHSL Skill Test / Typing Test Syllabus
This test will be qualifying in nature to test the typing speed & Computer Knowledge of the candidate. Candidates qualifying in Tier I exam and Tier II exam only will be called for this Skill Test / Typing Test.
- Skill Test for Data Entry Operator:- 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer. The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes
- Skill Test for Data Entry Operator Grade A:- 15000 key depressions per hour on Computer. The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes.
- Typing Test for LDC/ JSA and Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant:
- English:- Typing speed of 35 words per minute (w.p.m)
- Hindi:- Typing speed of 30 words per minute.
Do you wish to get updates of SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020? If So, Subscribe to our e-mail alert or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest etc and get regular updates of all the latest Government Jobs for 12th pass candidates.