RRB recruitment 2018
: Railway Recruitment Boards invites ONLINE applications to recruit candidates at various posts in Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix for vacancies in several units in Indian Railway. Applications for RRB recruitment 2018 needs to be submitted by 12th March 2018.
CANDIDATES SHOULD NOT APPLY IF THEY ARE WAITING FOR THE PRESCRIBED EDUCATION QUALIFICATION
Eligibility Criteria for RRB Recruitment 2018 of Group D post:
- Age criteria as on 01.07.2018 should be between 18 - 31 years.
- A candidate should belong to one of the following categories:
a. a citizen of India, or
b. a subject of Nepal, or
c. a subject of Bhutan, or
d. a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of
permanently settling in India
e. a person who is of Indian origin and has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, East African.
Countries of Kenya, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, the United Republic of Tanzania, Sri Lanka are Ethiopia
and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. A candidate belongs to b,c,d or e category must possess a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India to get the offer of appointment.
- Candidates should have Education/Technical qualifications as provided in the notified posts in the
CEN from recognized Board/NCVT/SCVT as on the closing date for submission of the ONLINE application.
- Candidates should ensure that they are eligible as per the medical standards for the
posts opted by them.
How to apply for RRB recruitment 2018:
RRB Examination 2018 Fees :
- Candidates have to apply online on the official website of the respective regional RRBs. Visit the official website of the regional RRBs.
- The candidates should check the Vacancy Table in CEN to make sure that the vacancies notified against all RRBs for which they wish to fill in the online application has the vacancy for their qualification and community/category.
- Click on Apply now for CEN o2/2018 on the recruitment page and click on New Registration.
- Provide your registration details and verify the email provided via OTP.
- Upload all the documents required and complete the form. Make sure to follow specifications regarding the photograph.
- Candidates can pay the fee of the form by a debit, credit card or net banking. The provision to pay the fee by means of an SBI bank challan or a Post Office Challan is also available. The last date for paying the fee in online mode is March 12, 2018, by 22:00 Hrs. As for fee payment through SBI Bank Challan, the last date and time is March 12, 2018, by 13:00 Hrs. For post office, the last date of payment is March 10, 2018, by 13:00 Hrs.
- After paying the fee, keep a print of your application.
For General category- Rs. 500
For Candidates belonging to SC / ST / Ex-Serviceman / Transgender / Minorities / / PWD / Female/Economically backward class- Rs. 250.
Test Information for RRB recruitment 2018:
It will be a Computer Based Test of 90 mins and consisting of 100 questions. The questions will of objective type MCQs.
UR -40%, OBC-30%, SC-30%, ST30%.
Syllabus for RRB recruitment 2018:
Number system, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Algebra, Square root based questions, Geometry and Trigonometry, Profit and Loss, Elementary Statistics, Age Calculations,Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern etc.
2. General Intelligence and Reasoning
Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical operations,
Relationships, Syllogism, Jumbling, Conclusions and Decision making, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Similarities and Differences, Analytical Reasoning, Directions, Statement - Arguments and Assumptions etc.
3. General Science:
This will cover Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences of 10 standard level.
4. General Awareness on current affairs in Sports, Culture, Science & Technology, Personalities,
Economics, Politics and any other subjects of importance.
RRB recruitment 2018 application start date: 10.02.2018
Date & Time of Closing of application: 12.03.2018 up to 23.59 Hrs.
Computer Based Test date (Tentative): During April and May 2018.