Are you looking for Geologist jobs in India? Have you applied for any central government jobs 2018? The supreme and most notable organization in India UPSC has released its UPSC recruitment 2018 notification. This has job offers for the post of combined Geo-Scientist under the Geological Survey of India recruitment 2018. These are the posts under the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of mines. The examination will be held on 29th June 2018. The UPSC recruitment 2018 notification was released on 21st March 2018, and the last date for online application is 16th April 2018. Interested candidates are advised to not wait and apply before this brilliant opportunity fades out.
UPSC Recruitment 2018 vacancy details:
There are 70 posts in total under Geological Survey of India recruitment 2018
Different reservations for different posts:
- Post in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines:
- Geologist:Group 'A' 24
- Geophysicist Group 'A': 17
- Chemist Group 'A':06
- Post in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources
- junior Hydro Geologist (scientist B) group 'A':23
To know about the details of salary please visit the official website.
- Candidates should be a citizen of India or subject from Nepal or Bhutan.
- Tibetian refugee permanently settling in India from on or before 1st January 1962.
- If you have an Indian origin and have migrated from Vietnam, Ethiopia, Zaire, Zambia, Malawi, The United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Sri- Lanka, Pakistan, and Burma with intentions of permanent settling.
- Geologist Grade'A': Should have a master's degree in Geological science, Geology, Applied Geology, Geo-Exploration, Mineral Exploration, Engineering Geology, Marine Geology, Earth science and resource management, Oceanography and Coastal area studies, petroleum GeoScience, Petroleum Exploration, Geochemistry, Geological technology from a recognized institute.
- Geophysicists Group'A': You should have an M.Sc in Physics, Applied Physics, Geophysics, Integrated exploration Geophysics, Applied Geophysics, Marine Geophysics/ Tech Applied Geophysics from a recognized university.
- Chemist Group 'A': You should have an M.Sc in Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry from a recognized university.
- Junior Hydro Geologist Scientist 'B': You must have a master's degree in Geology, Applied Geology, Marine Geology.
N.B. For more information visit the website under eligibility criteria
- For Geologist, Geophysicist, Chemist: (As on 1st January 1996)
- Minimum: 21 Years
- Maximum: Below 32 Years
- For Junior Hydro Geologist(Scientist 'B') Group A: (As on 1st January 2017)
- Minimum: 21 Years
- Maximum: 35 years
- Relaxation SC, ST - 5 Years, OBC - 3 Years, Domicile Applicants of J&k - 5 Years, Defense Sevice Personnel - 3 Years, Ex-Servicemen - 5 Years.
- There will be a written test and person Interview by the committee.
- The written test is going to be held on 29th June.
- Results will be declared in the month of August.
Given below is the exam pattern for UPSC recruitment 2018 for Geologist jobs in India as per Geological Survey Of India recruitment 2018
- General English (Common Exam) - 100 Marks
- Geologist: Geology Paper I, Geology Paper II, Geology Paper III - (200+200+200) Marks
- Geophysicist: Geophysics Paper I, Geophysics Paper II, Geophysics Paper III - (200+200+200)Marks
- Chemist: Chemistry Paper I, Chemistry Paper II, Chemistry Paper III - (200+200+200)Marks
- Junior Hydro Geologist: Geology Paper I, Geology Paper II, Hydro Geology Paper III - (200+200+200) Marks
- Interview/Personality Test: 200 Marks
- Total Marks: 2600
- Visit the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
- Go to the Appendix II and you'll get all the details there.
- You have to pay an application fee of Rs.200 for general candidates. You need not pay the fee if you are a female or you belong to SC, ST, PWD, categories.
- Application fee can be deposited through both online and offline mode.
- Offline: SBI Bank Branches before 15th April 2018, 23:59Hrs
- Online: SBI payment gateway through Netbanking, Credit card, Debit card before 16th April 2018, 18:00Hrs.
- Login to the website to choose your centers from the list of 19 cities.
- The link to the website for registration is http://www.upsc.gov.in
Begining Date: 21st March 2018
Closing date: 16th April 2018, 1800Hrs
Hence this was a detailed description of UPSC recruitment 2018. This is a wonderful opportunity to get a prestigious central government job under the UPSC recruitment 2018, for geologists. So please apply before 16th April 2018 and breathe life into your dreams. You can like and follow us on Facebook or Instagram if you are interested in more such job offers. Apply for our email job notification to stay absolutely abreast with the latest update of Government, railway, bank, Scientist etcetera jobs. Comment below and let us know your doubts and queries. All the Best!